Please set aside the dates of July 16th and 17th to attend the 251st meeting of MARS at the Grand Geneva Resort in Lake Geneva WI.
About the Meeting
We will have our Scholarship Outing — the popular Harley Davidson motorcycle hole in one prizes are back — reception and networking buffet on our first day, July 16. Our business meeting is scheduled for a full day on July 17 and will adjourn at 3:30 p.m. — to help you choose to stay for the great presentations on Tuesday afternoon a cash raffle will be offered for those present.
The presenters for the MARS Summer Meeting are addressing some of the most significant issues currently facing rail shippers. The sessions will focus on:
- building brand loyalty through corporate values with John E. Fenton, president and CEO, Patriot Rail;
- a look at global agricultural market trends by Dan Mack, vice president of transportation and terminal operations, CHS;
- an overview of July 1 Mexican election results and effect on trade with Gabriel Guerra Castellanos, president and CEO, Guerra Castellanos & Associates;
- shipper success stories featuring Watco’s perishable express from Stefan Loeb, executive vice president, network strategy at Watco;
- a presentation titled “Building Capacity: Investing for the Long Haul” from Doug MacDonald, CN vice president of sales and marketing, bulk commodities;
- rail freight car supply status by Paul Titterton, SVP and chief commercial officer, GATX;
- oil and gas supply chain impacts for rail by Taylor Robinson, president, PLG Consulting; and
- the view from Wall Street with Matt Elkott, vice president, industrials–transportation, Cowen.
Dress code is business casual. Networking tables will be available for distribution of your company’s information. We will have our Scholarship Outing, reception and networking buffet dinner on our first day, July 16th, with our business meeting scheduled for a full day on July 17th. Plan to adjourn at 3:45.
We will be using the meeting layout that we tested last year and proved to be quite popular, with all activities in the main hotel. We will host the personal presentations in the Grand Ballroom, with live feed presentations in the Maple Lawn Room allowing for more casual viewing without sacrificing ability to interact with the speakers. Our coffee break-networking will also have its own room, the Evolve Room, with seating in the Chophouse.
Meeting brochure and phone app
On the registration form, there will be a field to reserve a hard copy meeting brochure if you want one. Remember, all the information in the book is in the “phone app”. Our phone app has been so popular and widely adapted, we need to get a better estimate of how many books are actually needed so as to avoid unnecessary costs and use of natural resources. Download the app! Those who download the app will be entered in a raffle to win $250.
Refund/cancellation policy: No refunds after June 15, 2018.
We would welcome additional sponsors for our programs and events – please contact Bill Schauer at 630-513-6700 or email email@example.com. Thank you for your support. Please join our LinkedIn group.
Hotel Room Reservations
The hotel has allocated a block of rooms from July 15th through July 17th at a preferred rate of $156 for hotel guest rooms or, one-bedroom suites (or $252 for two-bedroom suites) at the Timber Ridge Lodge, on site. Other amenities are included for those staying at Timber Ridge, including a discount at the Spa and free access to the Water Park. There is a three day cancellation clause in our contract. Cutoff date for the preferred rate is June 15th. Our group rates are also available for three days prior and three days after our meeting, on a space available basis. If there is any problem with registrations, please call Ricardo Hernandez at 800-558-3417, ext. 5179 You can register for your hotel rooms on line with links above.